Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ten Things That Make Me Happy

And so the tagging epidemic strikes me again. This time I've been tagged not once, but twice. The first by Mireyah Wolfe and the second by Crystal Posey, so I guess I have to list ten things that make me happy. Here goes.

(Oh--and these are in random order BTW)

#10) Music. I can't write without it. Can't go a day without it. Some songs can't help but put a smile on my face--even if I know they're terrible, like this one. Some songs can't help but move me, like this one. And some songs can't help but inspire me, like this one. 

#9) My cats. I know I have too many of them--and some of them shed all over my house. But they can crack me up--especially when they get frisky. And there's pretty much nothing that will get me out of a bad mood faster than rubbing a soft kitty tummy.

#8) Drawing. I so rarely have time to draw anymore, so I appreciate it even more when I have time to do it. And I'm always thrilled when my hands are still able to do it.
Right now I steal tiny blocks of time to work on concept art for my book (the one above is not one of them. This is just a house I liked) and it's so cool to see some of the things in my head on paper. Someday I'll share them with you, I promise.

#7) Cupcakes. Any flavor. Any time. They're just the happiest dessert.

#6) Writing. Yes, it's also a LOT of work. But when the words are flowing and I get in that zone when it's almost like the story is writing itself? Well, there's not a whole lot else that can compare to that.

#5) I know this is gonna sound lame, but...eyeshadow. I <3 it so much. And, not only is it fabulous in any color, but it's how I found one of my CPs. Sara and I bonded on Twitter over our mutual affection for Sephora. :)

#4) Books. All kinds. All styles. I love them. I love the feel of them. The sound of them. And of course, the stories inside. Sadly, I tend to buy too many of them, so my TBR pile is out of control. But I'll get to them. And I'll fall in love with all of the stories they contain.

#3) My family. They've been there for me through so many ups and downs. They've supported me as I've chased so many impossible dreams. I have the most awesome parents ever.

#2) Meeting other writers--at all different stages in their careers. I love meeting my favorite authors at signings. (I'm going to an AWESOME signing today. So excited!) But I also love getting to know you guys, either through your posts, or through your comments on my posts. And I especially love reading your comments. It makes me feel so special that you guys take the time to leave a comment to tell me what you think of what I've posted.

#1) My husband. Even though he makes me vlog, he really is the most caring, supportive, wonderful person ever, and not a day goes by that I'm not SUPER thankful he didn't give up on me (cause I...um...turned him down the first time he asked me out. And the second time. And the...well...let's just say it took me about six months to say yes. I am very lucky that he was persistent). I definitely would've given up on my draft without him.

*phew*

That took a lot longer than I thought it would

Now, I think I'm supposed to tag other people at this point, to keep the tagging war going. But I've been so behind on my blog hopping lately that I have no idea who has and hasn't been tagged. So I'm going to play it safe and say this: If you haven't been tagged (and want to post about ten things that make you happy) consider yourself officially tagged by me. :)

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Wow, you draw too! That's totally awesome. I love that house and would love to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is absolutely stunning. If you write even half as well as you draw (which we know you do) your book is going to be a treat indeed!

    I totally get the cat thing. My cat picks me up whenever I'm down. There's nothing more soothing to the soul than a pet that loves you unconditionally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to live in that house!! It's perfect. Can you draw me the perfect library inside and set it in a quaint little neighborhood?

    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things that make me happy:

    1. Not being tagged in blog memes.
    10. Shortcuts.

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are cool things to be happy about, Whitney. I still haven't started THE CANDY SHOP WAR, but it'll happen soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, your drawing is amazing. that's a huge talent!
    Love your list. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I owe you an incredible thank you for your link to Pink's Glitter in the Air. I'd never heard that song until now. I closed my eyes and listened (b/c I love Pink's voice) and I almost cried. Yes, Pink. I have felt that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your drawings, Shannon, and I'm so totally jealous of your ability. I've tried drawing, but I don't have the patience to keep trying without visible progress. (At least with writing, I can see myself getting better. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon the drawing is amazing! I too dabble in drawing but only when it comes to drawing houses and I am no where near as gifted as you!

    I love good music while writing!

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, I love Pink. She has such an amazing voice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant drawing. You're talented!

    I so hear you on the cupcakes. And on the husband. :)

    Hope you're having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cats and cupcakes are always there to make one happy!! :-)

    I love your drawing - wow!!!!! What an artist you are - I am in AWE!

    Great to know that all these fabulous stuff puts a spring in your step and smile on your face.

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing these with us. Drawing makes me happy, also -- it's incredibly therapeutic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your drawing is amazing. I seriously can't believe how good that is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How many cats do you have? We have two, and we love them. :o)

    And I loved Pink's song. I hadn't heard it either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are seriously talented at drawing! And we have to meet sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are never boring to me, you like books and I like books, you like cupcakes and I like cupcakes, you love music and I adore music, you like art and I need to get better at it, you're an amazing author and I'm writing some books but I'm not an author yet cuz I'm only 13, you have Ella and I have Pikachu (Stitch and a Chinese stuffed doll named well it's kind of lame but it's her name's China), and you're just Amazing and just so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3