Thursday, May 27, 2010

Winners and more Shannon Sharing (or is it Shannon Shame?)

Hey everyone! Thank you all so much for all the comments yesterday--I feel like I know you all so much better now!

The winners of the 3 Starbucks gift cards are:




Check your email guys. I've emailed you asking for your mailing address. 

And I'm sorry, the day totally got away from me--so I don't have time for a proper post. But since yesterday was all about sharing, I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from my childhood--despite my obvious dorkiness in them. If nothing else, they're good for a laugh!

I'm the one on the left--looking THRILLED to have my picture taken. Though--if you were wearing a frumpy pink sweater and holding a bunny stuffed animal you probably wouldn't be too excited either! And BTW, why do parents always give you something weird to hold up and then insist on immortalizing it in film? Is there a reason for this that I have yet to appreciate?


And...this time I'm on the right, rocking the side ponytail and the neon yellow skates. (Though my FAVORITE part of this picture is my sister's all red warm-ups.) Ahhhh--the '80s. Good times!

Have a good day everyone!

25 comments:

  1. I was too young to really remember the 80's but my mother forced me to carry them on well into the 90's - so...yea.

    Anyway, you have an award at my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you wrote obvious dorkiness, you clearly meant obvious adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No answer on the parent question!
    Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! (I know that's redundant, since I've already emailed you. *winky*)

    Thanks, Shannon. Love the pictures. And I had that same bunny, but in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pictures! And congrats to the winners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winners - and I think those pics are great!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo cute! Did you live in your skates, like I did? I remember totally loving my skates.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your winners! Love seeing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, those pics are adorable! Congrats to the winners ;o) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! I loved the 80s. It was a good decade for sure. I remember dancing around my room to Madonna and Whitney Houston. I can't believe this is out on the internet now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shannon *jumps up and down and waves from the back of the crowd*,

    Thanks for finding me. When I saw your name, I actually thought, "I know her. She's the one who just got agented." I know this because I inevitably read about you from other blogfriends. And like you, I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to find you either.

    Anyway, we're blogbuds now, so you I'll see you in the 'sphere ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, I admit it--I saw the first picture and my immediate reaction was: "BUNNY!"

    ...my verification word is "whorr". Your blog is evil. O.o

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha ha! Love the pictures - the 80's = good times...good times...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for the gift card! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo Hoo!! I won I won I won!! Dark Cherry Mocha from Starbucks HERE I COME!

    Thanks a super duper lot, Shannon. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The eighties rocked. Nothing like wearing two pairs of socks. Color blocking, baby.

    And you were adorable, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, those pictures are so cute! Now the 80's pics of me and my sister are truly awful. Bad hair and bad clothes. Ugh...maybe I need to bury those pictures somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love those photos! During the 80's I was graduating from high school, then getting married. My wedding photos are filled with seriously large hair!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the follow. You can blame it on revisions, blonde hair, whatever! I'm just glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The 80s were indeed interesting times! Love the photos - and congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute pictures. Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the side ponytail ... those pictures are adorable!
    Congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3