Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Time for a Cupcakeathon!

Those of you who don't follow the fabulous and adorable Lisa Mantchev on her blog or Facebook or Twitter (and really, what's wrong with you?) are probably wondering what the heck a Cupcakeathon is.

Well, it's pretty much a celebration of everything awesome, especially cupcakes, an author who's obsessed with them, and her incredible new novel Perchance to Dream, which hits stores today!!!


*pauses to SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!*

I'm not going to talk too much about Lisa or her stunning books--only because I have an entire Lisa Mantchev week coming soon and I don't want to use up all my material (and trust me people, it is going to be EPIC). Instead, I'm focusing on what brought Lisa and I together in the first place: our mutual obsession with all things cupcake (okay, it's really all things sugary and bad for your waistline, but today is the Cupcakeathon so I'll limit myself to that.) 

And believe it or not--I baked! I didn't even burn the house down! I mean, I'm not TOTALLY incompetent in the kitchen--but thanks to my hectic schedule I pretty much haven't touched my oven in months, so I was a little nervous to turn it on. But I did it! I made these:


And what they lack in beauty (cause lets face it, cake decorator I am not. We all remember the Were-Platypus Cupcake fiasco) they make up for in OMG-deliciousness. See--these aren't your average cupcakes. These are NUTELLA CUPCAKES!

(And for those of you unfortunate enough not to know what Nutella is, it's a chocolate-hazelnut spread that is life-changingly good. You absolutely MUST try it!)

Lisa and I share a *slight* obsession with the chocolate-hazelnutty goodness, so I knew I had to attempt Nutella cupcakes in her honor. You can find the recipe I used here (though I made the frosting myself--with a heaping amount of Nutella in it), and let me just say: they are awesome. I had to send the rest of them to work with my husband because I could not. stop. eating. them. :)

So do yourself a favor. Hop over to Lisa's blog, or find her on Facebook or Twitter. She's giving away prizes! Even better--go to your local bookstore and pick up a copy of Perchance to Dream.  I was lucky enough to score an ARC earlier this year so I can say with absolute certainty it is AMAZING. The kind of book you want to immediately reread as soon as you're done.  Which is what I will be doing today.

*drools over Ariel*

*Realizes I should be revising*

*decides I don't care*

And of course--don't forget to have a cupcake! Or maybe two. Shoot, have three. I won't tell. ;)

28 comments:

  1. *sigh* Yet another series I want to read and haven't had a chance to. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cover. Yay for cupcakes and delicious nutella!

    I still need to eat a cupcake. I've wanted one since I got a blog award that had cupcakes on it and I haven't had one yet. Must rectify the situation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes seem pretty amazing. I have to say that I love her book cover. I hate to admit that covers draw me but they do. This one definitely does. ";-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't relate much to any of this because my teeth are too sensitive for sweets, but it was still fun to read. Crazy huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crap. I completely forgot about the cupcakeathon due to all the craziness in my life this week.

    I wish I had one of those Nutella cupcakes. YUM :)

    Yay for Perchance to Dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM NUTELLA GOODNESS
    YUM MUST RUN HOME AND EAT SOME
    YUM LOVE NUTELLA On CREPES too...Toast, muffins, fingers...whatevs... ;o)

    They look delish!!

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the cupcake pictures make me hungry. Thanks for the great rec - I'll have to check this one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know which is more beautiful, the cover of that book or your cupcakes!! Yummy!

    You were one of my gift card winners, #1 - and I didn't even have to rig it! Ha ha ha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since this is the THIRD blog on which I've read about this book, I can confidently say fate has intervened. I *must* add it to my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love nutella. Rephrase - I LOVE Nutella!! My fave thing to do is to use in ice cream sandwiches. However, I bet a Nutella cupcake would be 1,000x better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cupcakeathons will be the death of me. As will the nutella cupcakes I will surely be making tonight.

    Thanks. A. Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been meaning to try Nutella- if it's as good as you then I need to give it a go. The book looks really intriguing- especially in your pics!
    BTW, if I gain two pounds from eating three cupcakes can I say you made me do it???

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cupcakes look lovely.

    I'm a terrible baker. Everything I make comes out dry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm, nutella. For some reason I've never thought of using it as an icing before--how is that possible? Those cupcakes look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yum. Not only for the cupcakes, but that book. Gorgeous! I just started Eyes Like Stars.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG. Nutella. Cupcakes. NEED ONE NOW!! Lol. They look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think your cupcakes are beautiful, inside and out. Just like you!!

    :) Now, may I have one please?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm not much on decorating either, so my cupcakes would look worse...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perchance to Dream has one of the most beautiful covers I've ever seen -- will definitely be checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yup to cupcakes. Double yum to Nutella. And a new book for me to look our for. Yay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Book looks amazing! What a cover. Can't wait to hear more. And way to go with the Nutella cupcakes! I can hardly boil water, so I'm in awe. I must wait for Christmas to get homebaking from Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great looking book - love the cover.

    Even better looking cupcakes - maybe I could sneak one - it's way too hot to cook here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I NEED a recipe, Shannon. Please? E-mail is fine. Thanks! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those cupcakes do look very appetizing and I don't have a prom dress to worry about fitting in anymore, because prom was awesome. Also that book looks scrumptious and it is no surprise that you wanted to read it instead of revise. I think it's reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nutella cupcakes. Seriously? Those would be worth turning on the oven, maybe even battling a small fire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm a better cupcake eater than I am baker.

    Book looks cool...now I'm wondering just how big my to-be-read list can get?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty cover. Yay for cupcakes and delicious nutella!
    Adsense Alternative

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3