Monday, April 19, 2010

Where has Shannon Gone?


I'm not here right now.

Part of that is because I'm guest blogging over at the amazingly awesome Sarah With a Chance (silly Sarah didn't know WHAT she was getting herself into when she asked me to write a post. Hehehehe.)

But the real reason I'm not here is because ... I've gone dark.

It's from a combination of factors really.
1. deadline is SUPER close
2. Revisions are going slower than expected
3. As a result of 1 and 2 I had a *tiny* meltdown full of panicking/freaking out on Saturday. 
4. My wonderful husband made me a deal

HE will be doing all the cleaning/laundry/grocery shopping/paying of bills until I meet my deadline
We will also be eating only Take-in or simple dinners he makes (um...Easy Mac anyone?)
And, I can stay up as late as I need and he won't complain.

In RETURN, I will not be blogging for the rest of the week
I will not be on Twitter until I finish revisions
(and he follows me, so he'll KNOW)
And I'm only allowed to read/reply to emails from my CPs and my agent
(oh, and they have to actually be ABOUT MY REVISION).
No G-Chatting
No Blog Hopping
No Internets of any kind
Until I get these revisions done and stop stressing about them. 
He's even taking my cell phone, so I can't be distracted by texts/calls
(plus he knows I have Twitter on there--stinking guy is TOO smart!)

Which means--sadly--I'm going to pretty much be unreachable for at least the rest of the week, and maybe longer. I will be back to blogging next Monday, but the rest of the stuff is out until the newly revised draft is waiting in Laura's inbox. 

Which means...back to revision!

Oh, and if you love me at all, hop over to Sarah's blog and leave a comment on my post, so it doesn't look like the post no one read. Pretty please? *bats eyelashes*

And on that note *sniffles* I guess this is goodbye--for now. 
Thanks so much for your patience and I promise I'll be back next week--with my awesome 500 Followers contest no less--to reward you for your support. 
Sorry for disappearing, but it definitely has to be done.
I'll miss you!


  1. Enjoy your revisions! Or try to at least. :) We'll miss ya.

  2. I'm glad you have a great support-system. Best of luck, but you won't need it. You Can Do It!! (Passing back your encouraging words. Thanks again.)

    S~ ";-)

  3. Good luck! If hubby lets you read comments, that is.

  4. Good luck with your revisions! You can do it!!!

  5. What a sweet and supportive guy! Your revisions will be done in no time now! Good luck!

  6. Good luck! We'll miss you. As recompense you'll have to write lots of good revision blogs when you come back.

  7. What a FANTASTIC and supportive and WISE hubby you have! Good luck, Shannon. We love you! :-)

  8. Good luck on the revisions and we'll all still be here next week. :)

  9. Oh no, I just got here from Sarah's blog. Oh well, it will give me a chance to read your posts:) Good luck with revisions.

  10. HA HA - you little devil you!!

    Just hopped over from Sarah's blog and have left a comment there.

    Well, just one word of advice...PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SHOWER even if all else is banned.
    Your hubby sounds great so you definitely DON'T WANT to antagonise him...oh, and a few squirts of deoderant go a long way, too...


  11. We'll miss you Shannon!!!
    Hurry back :D

  12. Good Luck Shannon!!! We will miss you! I'll check out your guest blog for now!!

  13. I've been a bit MIA, too, so we've been absent together. I hope your revisions whip into shape because I want to buy your book now!

  14. Miss you, too! But you have to do what you have to do. We'll be here when you return.


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3