Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Adventures of Shannon's CPs (Part One)

So...I'm still in the dark (because OMG my deadline is right on top of me) but I didn't want to abandon my blog for another entire week. So I begged my CPs--who I collectively call "The Sara(h)s" to each do a guest post to help me out.

(I KNEW I shouldn't have given them each other's email addresses)

They agreed, only on the condition that the posts would feature their trials/tribulations/adventures as my CPs (which is, of course, HEAVY on the Shannon Shame) and I had to post whatever they wrote--no matter what. No changing a word. 


So what you are about to witness folks is an act of sheer desperation. The fact that I've agreed to post this should show you just how hectic my life is right now--AND how much I love you guys and don't want to neglect you. Because it is madness I tell you. SHEER MADNESS.

Today's Guest Post is by Sara minus the 'h' who will henceforth be known as The Evil Genius:

*     *     *

CP Adventures?

Heh. More like CP secrets REVEALED!

Dun Dun Dunnnnn

When I found out Sarah and I were both guest posting this week—and that we had permission to write about the Adventures of Being Shannon’s CPs—I was stoked! There were so many fun directions I could have taken this, but one thing was certain: Shannon Shame was gonna be served in heaping helpings! (oops, sorry Shannon—that’s what happens when you give me free rein…)

So, I thought I’d give this a whirl acrostic poem style!

is for the Silly outfits I get to hear about! The other week she was revising in stretch pants and her husband’s He-Man T-shirt. (Bet she’s wishing she hadn’t shared that with me, hehe)

is for Happy Meals! Because, sometimes Shannon needs reminders to eat. Seriously—I even yelled at her the other day until her husband got on IM to tell me he was heading out to get her a Happy Meal!

is for ANOTHER version of *this* chapter. For instance, I have approximately four emails in my “Shannon” folder with subjects reading “Use THIS version of chapter 13”.  (Okay fine. I do the SAME thing. So perhaps we’re soul CPs…)

is for Nightmares. Because as Shannon’s CP, I have them. Holy mama jama, you should SEE some of the things she researches for her book. For instance, what am I supposed to do when she warns me never to look up Camel Spiders? Clearly, google them, right? WRONG. But what would YOU do if I say—don’t click this link! It will show you what a camel spider is and they are SCARY? Yep, you clicked it—or at least wanted to, didn’t you?

is for NICKNAMES that Shannon comes up with. Like the one she has for her PJs.

is for the “Oh Noes” Shannon’s about to be saying. You know, like right now when I dare her to create a vlog to reveal the PJ nickname I mentioned above AND sing the special song she sings when putting them on every night! Oh, and all while wearing her stretch pants and her husband’s He-Man T-shirt!!! (Dear Shannon, I know you quit the other blog wars because you were so immersed in this round of revisions, so I understand! But this dare is for when you’ve FINISHED this round of revisions. And I’m not really starting a blog war with you, because: )

is for No dare-backs. That’s right. I did it. I just dared Shannon to do something on HER OWN BLOG. And declared no dare-backs at the same time. #SaraisanEvilGenius

*     *     *

This is what I get for asking for help???????????????
Pajama Nicknames?
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????????????????????????

*deep breath*

I'll do it!
When my revisions are COMPLETELY DONE--not just this round!
*stalls to search for a better loophole*
*prepares to need COPIOUS amounts of alcohol* the meantime, if your name is Sara(h) and you'd like to try being my CP let me know, cause um...THERE'S AN OPENING NOW!!!!

*runs and hides*
*plans revenge*


  1. This is hilarious. Thanks for it first thing in the morning.

    So, what's Shannon want in her Happy Meal???? A burger, fries....a huge glass of wine and cheese. LOL.

    You guys are awesome.

  2. This is great! Hey, Shannon's CP, what kind of toy did she get in her Happy Meal? I bet she's playing with that instead of revising, isn't she? And making YOU write her blog posts for her! Shannon Shame, indeed!

    Oh, well, I'd do the same thing. :)

  3. OMG I AM EFFING TERRIFIED OF SPIDERS (seriously, I can't even watch/read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets late at night thanks to Aragog...Half Blood Prince is totally cool though since the spider's all dead.) AND I STILL CLICKED THAT LINK!!! WHY??!!! WHY?!?!?!?!

    That was the most terrifying thing that I have ever seen in my life. Those exist in Shannon's book? Suddenly supporting her by reading it is not such a good idea. I can feel them crawling on me, OMG!!

    What is it about human nature that makes us click, even when someone says, "DON'T CLICK HERE! YOUR SCARY NIGHTMARES ARE INSIDE!!!"

    Also, this post was awesome. Also, my husband has Transformers boxers that I bought him for Christmas, and every time he puts them on he makes that Transformers noise. So I understand PJ-singing songs.

    Spiders! AH!

  4. I had a friend stationed overseas who saw those camel spiders quite often. I have nightmares about them too.

    I'm gonna have to look into getting Shannon her own She-ra shirt so she can't stop stealing the He-man one. ;)

  5. Awesome acrostic, Sara. Thanks for sharing so much about Shannon! ;)

  6. Too funny! I've been wondering how revisions were going, and I'm glad you have your awesome CPs to help you through this!

  7. Heehee! I think I'm liking Sara(h) week!

  8. I clicked on the link, and I am SO GLAD I don't live wherever camel spiders live. Ew.

    Sara(h) week is fun! ;o)

  9. Hi,

    I've been a longtime follower, and when I got an award (my first) I thought I'd pass it on to you (since you are pretty darn cool).

    Anyway, the awesomesauce post is here:

    Looking forward to more of your adventures. :)

    - Rebecca


    THANKS SARA minus the 'h'!!!

  11. LOL. I loved this. I wish I had such annoying Critique Partners.

  12. OMG how did I miss this post, too funny!!!

  13. Hilarious. Oh and I did click and... "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"that is all.

    Shannon, if anyone can handle that dare - you can!

    Great post Sara ;o)

  14. I'm too afraid to click that link for the Camel spiders! I hate spiders but these sound especially weird. o_O; You come up with nicknames for inanimate objects too? I do that xD!


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3