Friday, March 5, 2010

When Great Things Happen to Awesome People!

This stupid cold has kept me away from blogging all week, but I HAD to come back today to congratulate one of my absolute favorite people, Sarah Wylie, who just sold her book, ALL THESE LIVES at auction to Margaret Ferguson at Farrar, Straus, and Giroux (Macmillan)! And as if that weren't squee-worthy enough, she scored a two book deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


*tosses confetti*

*happy dances all over the house*

*sends virtual Twizzlers Sarah's way!*

She's probably going to kill me for doing this, because she might just be the shyest, most modest, most humble person I've ever met, but I HAD to spread the word because this is a HUGE accomplishment and she needs to celebrate!  So in honor of Sarah's tremendous success, I ask everyone to eat a piece of their favorite candy and think happy thoughts. And if you're smart, you'll hop over to her awesome blog Sarah with a Chance and click the follow button so you can say you knew her BEFORE she took over the literary world!

Congratulations Sarah! I hope you're out celebrating right now and remember, you promised me an ARC--I will hold you to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13 comments:

  1. Yayyyyy!!! That is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Sarah! That's awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! I love hearing good news like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you'll be spreading virtual confetti for me someday - if I can ever get the book written and looked at. Congratulations to your friend. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so, so sweet! I teared up again reading this! (And I'm totally blushing.) Thank you so much, Shannon!
    Everyone has to eat their favorite candy and think happy thoughts today?! I can't imagine anything better.
    <3 <3 <3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thrill! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an award for you at my blog tomorrow (Saturday). You and your little Frankie, too! Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome!!! Congrats to her on her success and to you for being such an awesomely supportive cheerleader for her!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huge congrats, Sarah!!!!

    Shannon, feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Sarah!!! :) Love the picture of the Twizzlers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was just the best news ever! Could not be happier for Sarah. WELL DESERVED! Can't wait to see more of our writer friends announce amazing news! Hoorah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a story! and sounds like it may have an even greater ending! wow. good for you! this almost makes me wish I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3