Thursday, March 25, 2010

New Profile Picture...*SIGH*

Okay, the dark deed is done.

My mom came over and took about 20 pictures of me, half of which looked, well, pretty much like the female version of Sheldon Cooper's creepy smile (LOVE the Big Bang Theory!)

But, as you can see--if you cheated and looked at my profile picture instead of scrolling down--I did still keep my promise and use the most salvageable ones I found. 

Which means, from now on my Profile picture will be this:
(and yes, I realize my face is small in it--that's the point!)

And my Twitter Avatar Photo will be this:

And for all of you who were speculating about what I was hiding behind those dark sunglasses--now you know. It wasn't an eye patch. It certainly wasn't red vampire eyes or gold vampire eyes (erm...I think the proper term is "liquid Topaz eyes")--and yes, there actually were people who asked me that. I *think* they were kidding. 

There's just two plain, dark brown eyes that could use a little more sleep. :)

And BTW, has anyone else ever noticed that when you get your picture taken you become very aware of your arms? It's like, what do I do with these things? They feel like they're completely in the way. Like in the Twitter picture above. There's two random fingers in the bottom center of the frame, because my hands were balanced on my knees. I had NO idea what to do with my appendages.

*sighs* 

Okay, enough about me and photos and the horror of me IN photos!

One quick reminder before I retreat into hiding: Today is the last day to enter to win Hush Hush signed by Becca Fitzpatrick. If you haven't already filled out the contest form, make sure you do so before midnight PST tonight or you'll miss your chance. Winner will be announced tomorrow.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....

*runs away to hide her newly exposed face in shame*

33 comments:

  1. No need to hide in shame :-) Nice pictures. I just slap on my regular holiday pictures at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your pictures are great!!! I find that anyone who is about to take a picture becomes extremely self conscious . It's in our DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new picture! You're so cute- no need to run and hide darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pics!!! We need to update our blogger profile pic, but I'm too lazy. Maybe there's a good one from NYC we can use....you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are totally glamor shots. You have such a lovely smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey, love the photos! and your arms look like very natural appendages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love them...I tend to only do pictures with multiple people in them...I know I know I need to do a glamour shot but like the WONDERFUL JIM PARSONS* aka Sheldon, I tend to look like a crazy clown. lol These are great shots & you are right about the arms - it is apparent that they are not always as graceful as we think they are.

    *Oh I got to meet him at the People's Choice Awards...I wanted to hug him & asked if it was okay (you know Sheldon doesn't touch other people) and he said YES. My husband laughed as I said "Sheldon's hugging me!" He was uber nice. LOVE HIM!

    Visit My Kingdom Anytime

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lol! They turned out good! The camera hates me too. Don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they came out great! And now I'll actually be able to recognize you at SCBWI-LA. ;)

    My pictures are all from my wedding, which I think is cheating a little because I don't get my hair and make-up professionally done, nor my picture professionally taken, every day. But my best friend is a photographer so she's going to take some new pictures one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I don't know what you're stressed out about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pics! See, that wasn't so bad - you take great pictures! Glad to see your face - it's a good one - don't hide it, silly ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures. Beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Big Bang Theory. So much fun.

    Your pictures turned out great. Nothing to be worried about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pictures are ah.maz.ing! Seriously. If I looked like you'd I'd be totally vain and jumping in front of the camera at every opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, I love the pics. No need for Shannon Shame:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are GREAT pictures. You're so pretty! And I totally know what you mean about not knowing what to do with arms in pictures. I usually turn out looking like a soldier with his arms pinned to his sides. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pic looks great! For the pic on my blog i literally took like 20 pics of myself before i found a useable one. Le Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the new profile picture! You look gorgeous (and I love the green wall and white banister with your beautiful blue shirt and blonde hair, but that's just a girl thing)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I noticed as soon as I clicked on your blogger profile. And let me just say this: You're GORGEOUS! You are gonna look so great on the inside back cover of a book someday....

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is not a face that needs to be hid in shame! Very, very cute! Nice pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice pictures. You look very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Look at you! You're so ADORABLE ;)
    So glad you lost those sunglasses. Now it's time for you to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great! And that necklace is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the sweet comments everyone. It's way too embarrassing to comment back individually, so I'll just *blush* and say you guys are WAY too kind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You shouldn't be worried this is a great photo! I just posted one of me too, and yours looks good. You shouldn't have been concerned at all! I also doubt that you looked that mych like Sheldon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the new photos - very nice :)

    I hate photos. Which is part of the reason I'm a flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Shannon! New follower here. I love your staircase picture! It makes a great Back Cover Author headshot. :)

    I'm happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You're beautiful. And I know what you mean about arms and hands. I hate having my picture taken. It messes with that fuzzy internal image I carry around in my head of what I think I look like--kind of like listening to recordings of my voice.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I Love your new pics! I can't believe you avoided them for so long!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3