Monday, March 1, 2010

It was BOUND to happen...

Those of you who've been following my blog for a few weeks have probably heard me whine stress about the hectic revision schedule I've been maintaining--the primary features being a lack of sleep and proper nutrition. So it will come as NO surprise when I say--in the most pathetic voice I can muster--I'M SICK!


*grumbles about reaping what I sow*

It's just a cold--nothing major--but it's enough to knock me off my feet for the day. But before you go feeling too sorry for me (or, you know, laughing at me for getting EXACTLY what I deserve) here's what I will be doing with my day (according to my sick day traditions)

-Watching a Jane Austen movie marathon
(Emma, Sense and Sensibility, and Pride and Prejudice)

- Snuggling with my cats, who love nothing better than when I stay in bed all day

- Calling my husband every few hours to whine

- Reading the copy of Linger my awesome friend was kind enough to loan me
(and keeping my germs away from it, I promise) 

- Drinking Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup in bed from a Tinkerbell mug
(What? It's what I did when I was a kid!)

So in some ways, I'll be having a more relaxing, enjoyable day than I would if I were healthy. Funny how that works.And hopefully giving myself a day to rest and recover will help me kick this bug before it ruins my week. I have too many things going on to be sick!

Sorry for the weaksauce post though. I'm feeling too pathetic to compose anything more interesting--but I promise I will come up with something inspiring for my next post. Or at least another dose of Shannon Shame. ;)

Happy Monday Everyone!


  1. Oh no! *sends virtual chicken soup*

    This might be controversial, but I have to admit that I'm *sort of* happy about this. It sounds like you'll have a nice, relaxing day, which is EXACTLY what you need! #toughlove

    Feel better! *hugs*

  2. If you run out of Austen movies, you could throw in some North and South. Unfortunately, colds tend to linger. I hope you feel better soon!

  3. OMG DITTO to what Sarah said.

    Get some rest, no more stress and enjoy Linger (you freaking lucky girl.)

  4. Ah,'s way of saying you deserve a day in bed doing little or nothing, that is until you have kids and then it means someone shared boogies and germs with you and THEY get to whine and do nothing while you run around feeling like crap and wishing you were in bed!

  5. Sounds like a great day! Feel better soon! And I won't say I told you so, I promise! ;)

  6. Sorry to hear you're sick. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

  7. Lucky Linger!!
    I do the same thing with calling my man to whine. Too funny. I'm NOT a good sick person. Sounds like you're going to have a good day.

  8. Sounds like a perfectly good day to me, I'm sure you'll feel MUCH better soon;)

  9. Hey Shannon! I left you a prize on my blog!

  10. It's your body's way of telling you to slow down, so glad you are!! Sending lots of virtual soup and hope you feel better VERY soon!! xo

  11. Feel better! I'm totally jealous of your Jane Austen marathon!

  12. Movie marathon sweet! I hope you feel better and that your review schedule doesn't drain you too much. Now I want to go and watch Jane Austen movies...

  13. I hope you feel better soon. But an Austen movie marathon doesn't sound too shabby.

  14. Aw Bummer - hope you feel better soon. Man, when I got sick I didn't post anything, so no apologies. Just get well ;o) That's so sweet, sounds like a great day minus the cold - isn't amazing how long cats can lay in one spot?? Boggles the mind.

    *germ free hugs*

  15. The Jane Austen marathon sounds great. I hope you get well soon. :)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3