Friday, February 12, 2010

Stuff, Things, and Vlogs

Okay--first of all: I ate two complete meals yesterday--and I know that's still not great, but it's better than usual.  So thank you all for the concern and I promise I will *try* to be better about eating regularly (gotta say, it was VERY sweet how many of you took the time to lecture me about the importance of regular meals. My mom would be so happy! It drives her CRAZY when I don't eat.)

And, since I really am buried under revisions at the moment--and I used most of last night to drive down to San Diego to meet some amazing authors (and pick up some future contest prizes you guys will LOVE)--I'm not sure I have time for a proper blog post today. So I'm just going to leave you with these two awesome vlogs from Maureen Johnson about the importance of sucking as a writer and how to land an agent. Enjoy!

Oh, and there's still a few days left to enter to win Buying, Training, and Caring for your Dinosaur, signed by Laura Joy Rennert.  Don't forget to enter or you'll lose your chance! Contest ends Sunday night.



14 comments:

  1. I give myself permission to SUCK! :) Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give myself permission to SUCK!

    lol So proud! - two meals!!! YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on the two meals! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We knew you could squeeze some food in there between all those revisions! Love the vids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suck more than all y'all! Nyah! ;)

    Glad to hear you're eating--and stepping out from under revisions. It's good for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I'm glad you're eating. It's not that hard :) Then again, I'm a stress eater, so I definitely have the opposite problem you do. My pants have been getting a little too snug lately...

    2. I LOVE that Suck it video. I saw it earlier this week for the first time and it made me laugh. I also need some of those gloves she has...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome vids! I LOVED the one about giving yourself permission to suck.
    And I'm glad yesterday's post got more people on your case! I am only one person. ;)

    It's nearly the weekend! *throws Nibs...and catches them. (I don't believe in waste, okay?) *

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Vlog Brothers!! And I totally take her permission to suck. I've definitely been spending a year of sucktitute. I hope I don't suck so much now....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I might now be Maureen Johnson's biggest fan ever. I give myself permission to suck. hahahahahahahah

    Oooo and it might partially be because she's wearing gloves that convert and I have a vlog upcoming in the next week about wearing arm warmers while writing...

    No that's not why. It's just because she vlogs awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have NOOooo idea how bad I needed to hear "You Suck" today! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, you've just given me fodder for possible Feature Fun Fridays. Many thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two meals...WOO! I missed breakfast...but I got lunch at the Olive Garden...SWEET. Now I'm not hungry for dinner.

    Thanks for the pep talk. Now I feel better about sucking :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the videos and glad you're back on food. Food is good. You need food to write. Of course, this is coming from someone who's known to eat diet coke and Twizzlers for dinner when doing major edits, but do as I say not as I do and all that. Have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the video on sucking! I give myself permission to suck at the things I'm attempting!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3