Saturday, February 20, 2010

How do I get myself into these messes????


So, there I was, catching up on my email and chatting online with a friend, when all of a sudden--PING!

New Google Alert 

So I open it, fully expecting it to contain nothing more than tweets and comments I've made on blogs. But no.
 HOLY CRAZY GOOGLE ALERT BATMAN!


I mean...really? 
A PICTURE OF ME?!?!
AND I'M GETTING BLAMED FOR THE PG-LOVE SCENE BLOG FEST?????
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I was dragged into that mess KICKING AND SCREAMING--not the other way around. 
Not to mention: OMG, DO I REALLY HAVE TO PARTICIPATE?????

Apparently I do.
The Gauntlet has been thrown.
So...
FINE!
I'm in. 
(But only because I found the most awesome loophole EVER. Heh.)


And then...just when I'd recovered from my shock/panic/fury, I go back to my Google Alert and follow THIS link from Frankie!!!!!

I mean...okay, I knew it was coming. 
We are in a blog war.
And I do deserve SOME sort of punishment for making her do this!
*snickers*
BUT
I HAVE TO MAKE MY LESSON ON SEDUCTION (as a writing technique) INTO A VIDEO--ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
I don't even know where to BEGIN with that!

So...yeah, stay tuned for all of that. Apparently the blogging world has decided that there hasn't been enough Shannon Shame recently, so they're demanding a heaping portion. And they'll get it. But...it won't be quite what they're expecting. I may be shoved into a corner here--but I still have a few tricks up my sleeves, and I'm NOT afraid to use them!

Oh, and don't forget to enter to win the complete Wake Trilogy--SIGNED by Lisa McMann. And for those of you who've already entered, stop by on Monday when I'll post my notes from her signing. There *might* be a chance for an additional contest entry. 
;)

11 comments:

  1. You were the start of the PG blogfest thingy - I know, I was there and inciting the entire thing. See what happens when you give people too much information - around here you will always pay the price. Hee hee hee. The blogfest is going to be fabulous. And I love that you found out via a Google alert.

    LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog Wars is freaking hilarious. I cannot wait. Loved Frankie's video. Yours will rock as well. I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! You've had an interesting day! Good luck with it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Erm... yes. Now that you mention it, you were actually kind of an innocent bystander for that conversation, weren't you? Huh.

    But really, it's not Shannon Shame at all, you know. It's an opportunity to stretch the ol' writing muscles a bit. And since I know you're good enough to pull off a blogfest entry, even without a loophole, I'm totally not letting you off the hook. :)

    The Frankie dare, though? You had that one coming, sister. No doubt you'll ramble on about how shameful it is, how embarrassed you are, and all that, but will still come up with something all endearing and stuff. *rolls eyes*

    I'm just wondering what new heights the #blogwar can reach. Are we heading toward a cage match here? Curious minds want to know... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn google alerts. I just noticed Ninjadillo. He's kinda scary. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm all excited...I went and signed up after I read your post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! At least we'll be entertained. ;) #selfishthoughts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow heck of a day eh? You will do great with both! We always got your back, ya know! *not that I'm choosing sides *ahem* Frankie - you know I love ya*

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with all of this ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck- I can't wait to see this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hilarious! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! Oh my. This blogging game of truth-or-dare has just gotten terribly interesting. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3