I'm sure I'm not the first one to do this, but I couldn't resist giving it a try.
So...in the style of Jeff Foxworthy, I humbly present:
You might be a writer if...
- You own multiple baby name books, even though you have no children
- You think it's perfectly acceptable to eavesdrop and record strangers conversations for 'dialogue research'
- You can't imagine life without a laptop
- You have notebooks and pens hidden in your house, car, purse/wallet and still have to scribble things on a napkin half the time
- Waking up in the middle of the night to write down a dream is a common occurrence.
- You are not bothered at all by having 'followers.' In fact, you seek them out and are constantly checking to see how many little pictures are on your blog or Twitter
- You could spend all day in a bookstore and still not be ready to leave
- Your first thought when you heard about Oprah retiring was, "what will happen to her book club?"
- You refer to people as 'Alphas' and 'Betas' even though you're not greek or in a Fraternity or Sorority
- You know what WIP and CP stand for
- You hear voices in your head and they don't scare you. In fact, you listen to them.
- You've ever practiced your signature for book signings
(c'mon, you KNOW you've done it)
Did I miss any?
If you can think of one leave it in the comments, I'd love to read it.