Thursday, January 28, 2010

Who Wants to See a Were-Platypus Cupcake?

I do! I do!

Okay, I am SOOOO going to get in trouble for this...but I just can't help myself.

Not sure how many of you follow the fabulous C.J. Redwine, but she has a little poll going on at her blog that I want you guys to help me with.

See, she made the mistake of letting her followers suggest cupcake designs (classic mistake, I mean really, WHAT was she thinking?) and of course she got some rather interesting suggestions--some of which came from me (somehow I don't think you guys are surprised by that)

To be fair, all I suggested was 'platypus,' because I personally feel that the platypus is a highly under appreciated mammal--especially in baked goods. I mean, have any of you ever seen a platypus cake? I think not. So I thought it was high time we did!

And because I'm not her only evil follower, someone decided that it needed to be a Were-Platypus (which is AWESOME!) and C.J. foolishly decided to include it in her poll, thinking it would be a joke.
(Poor girl, will she never learn?)

Naturally it's winning by a landslide!

So of course C.J. is trying to rally with blog posts and Twitter campaigns and all kinds of other shenanigans to stall the Were-Platypus vote.

And that's just cheating! So I'm running a counter campaign (and praying that this won't turn into another blog war. C.J. would destroy me. She has a Spork of Doom and she's NOT afraid to use it.)

So please, if you love me at all--or just like me a little--or just want to see what a Were Platypus cupcake would look like, hop on over to C.J.'s blog and vote for Wally.

Yes, he has a name.

In fact, C.J. gave him a whole profile
(somehow she thought this would make him less popular, silly girl)

Name: Wally the Were-Platypus
Occupation: Fighting underwater crime
Hobbies: Eating sushi, listening to show tunes, and polishing his bill
Special Attributes: He can turn into a duck-billed, web-footed platypus at the drop of a hat. Or when he wants to show off for the women's' swim team.

Come on people, let's make this happen!
Wally the Were-Platypus FTW!!!!!!
*runs and hides from C.J. and her Ninja Spork of Doom*


  1. I did my part in your noble mission. May it succeed!

  2. You are now on my LIST. *sharpens spork*

  3. Ahahahahahaha! Girlfriend, be careful or you'll be in 2 blog wars and you know who CJ will pair up with.... you're next dare is a coming!

  4. LOL - You have my vote girl! Okay, I'm totally dating myself here, but I remember these commercials with Wildlife cards (you know like garbage pail kids, or baseball), some wildlife collection... I remember the annoying little kid saying the Platypus was part of his wildlife collection... I'm crazy, but I remember that...

    LOL That's the extent of my knowledge about this creature. However, I would love to see him on a cupcake - Yum :o)

  5. That picture is so cute! I'd almost feel bad eating him....almost.

  6. Oh, Shannon... you. are. the. best!

    Hopping over here each morning is such an adventure! We just NEVER know what we're going to find. I will play your platypus game, but Summer is right - he really is too cute to eat! :-)

  7. I love that Wally likes showtunes! He's my hero! *sigh*

  8. I follow CJ, and I voted for Wally the second I saw that "Were-Platypus" was even an OPTION. *falls over laughing*

  9. I voted, and Wally is burying the competition.

  10. Yay for everyone voting for Wally--you guys are the BEST!

    And CJ--um--Hi! You look pretty I love your hair have I told you you're the goddess of everything and a genius and GREAT SHOES and...

    *runs away with flailing muppet arms*

  11. AAAAAhahahaaha this is the funniest thing I have read all day! Thanks!

  12. Were-platypus? That's awesome! I will go support the cause :)


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3