Friday, January 29, 2010

Where I Am...

Hey Guys!

As you probably know (because I've been whining/stressing all week. Okay, two weeks. All right--a month! Whatever!) I'm not here right now.

I'm at the San Diego State University Annual Writer's Conference!

So...if you need me, I won't be here because I will be...

-at a Conference where I don't know ANYONE
-pitching my project to agents and hoping they don't tell me that it sounds like Suckfest 2010
-getting my first 10 pages ripped into by an editor
-not eating
-not sleeping
-have I mentioned that I will be ALL ALONE IN SAN DIEGO FOR THREE DAYS??????

*Panic Attack*

(Even Roget Vito Messenger isn't calming the panic--though he is packed and ready to go and looking VERY handsome, if I do say so myself)

*bites nails*

But really, in all seriousness, I AM nervous--but I'm also SO excited!!!!!!!

Not because I'm expecting to land an agent or get an awesome critique on my pages or get requests for my WIP (though I certainly wouldn't complain...). But because I can't wait to meet some new writer friends, meet agents in person (and hopefully discover that they aren't nearly as terrifying as they seem), and hopefully learn a bit more about writing/publishing.

Whatever happens--whether it be Shannon Shame or Shannon Success or anything in between (believe me, there's plenty of opportunity for both)--I promise a full update next week!

And if you want a glimpse of the schedule I'll be enjoying/stressing about, here's a link to the conference website.

See you guys next week!

And, for your viewing pleasure, here's how I hope my pitch will NOT go...
(if you follow Colleen Lindsay on Twitter you may have already seen it, since that's how I found it)


  1. Woo hoo! I hope you meet a lot of new writers AND get a lot of requests for your MS AND have a fantastic time! Enjoy!

  2. Have a fabulous time! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

  3. Yay! Have the best time ever!!!! You'll do great! It's going to rock and I can't wait to hear all about it!

  4. If you are driving down, you'll probably pass my neck of the woods on the way. Think good thoughts when you are going down the 5 and pass the Tamarack Exit...going to be in with Issy getting her teeth pulled. Yuck.

    You'll make us all proud, I'm sure!

  5. RELAX and ENJOY it, silly girl! You are surrounded by other writers and opportunities galore - soak it in. :-)

  6. Good luck, Shannon! I'm sure you'll have a blast. And, if things aren't going so well, there's always martinis...

  7. Good luck! And remember to breathe.

  8. Have a great time; can't wait to hear all about it! I'm sure you'll make a lot of friends and learn a TON! The sessions sound great!

  9. Good luck! I can't wait to hear all the details! :)

  10. Don't stress... you're going to be excellent! Editors will be falling at your feet, begging for a taste of your excellence.

  11. Blog award for you!

  12. OMG hahaha that is SO funny (the clip).

    You're going to have a blast, don't worry! I can't wait for the texts to start :-)

  13. Whew! That's some list of agents and editors. I wish you a fantastic time and perfect pitch!

  14. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    God bless you and your family


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3