Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Trying Not To Panic

So...I don't know if you guys know this, but I'm going to a writer's conference in 10 days.

TEN DAYS!

And I know there's no law that says my draft must be 100% done and ready to go before the Conference (which is good because it isn't) but I still have a LOT of work to do. I have to write my synopsis for my Consultation Appointments and practice my pitch and iron my clothes and pack and--okay, I'm going to stop listing things because it's FREAKING ME OUT!!!

So--fair warning--you may not see as much of me these next few days. I'll be around, and I promise I will still post something everyday, but they won't be up to my usual high standards. (And I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to postpone the USC Lessons until after the conference--those take WAY more time than I have available.)

Thanks for your patience. I promise I will still do my best to keep you all entertained and things will be back to normal after the Conference.

Okay...diving back into editing. Wish me luck people. I'm gonna need it!

19 comments:

  1. I dropped this link in LiLa's comment section, but perhaps you could use it too, good lady.

    http://www.caroclarke.com/synopsis.html

    Excellent examination of synopses. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great, Shannon! I hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you will have tons of fun. I was so nervous at my first conference--I dressed up, and had double copies of everything printed, and stood in front of my mirror for hours practicing my pitch...and ended up forgetting all about it at the conference and just having a really good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you going to the SCBWI in NYC? I'm going to be there with my writing group (although none of us are doing the critique sessions. we're too poor). Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't panic. Take a vacation from the blog, prepare and have a fabulous time at the conference. We'll live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck. Sooo wishing I could go to a conference! But I know you can get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck - you'll be great! Relax and have a good time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! I'm soo excited for the SCBWI NYC Conference.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, we totally understand! Don't panic and don't feel pressured to keep posting every day. You're going to ROCK it!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! Have a great time, and don't stress. It sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Relax, get prepared so you can enjoy every moment of the conference!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll get it done!!!! Good luck, and have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's okay. Good luck! Just remember to breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take a deep breath! You are going to ROCK. IT. You're novel is brilliant and you're friendly and outgoing and, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you come back and you're all like... "Oh, yeah... it was breeze. In fact, I have an agent and a publisher lined up already" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm wishing you luck, but you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish you the best of luck!!!! Go get em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have nothing to worry about!! And if it makes you feel better, don't think about the dare I have planned for you next week! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3