Saturday, January 9, 2010

Edit-a-thon is On!

So, today's post will be short because I have declared this weekend my own personal edit-a-thon. I wish I could claim I was suddenly inspired or motivated by some burst of self confidence, but really--um, I don't know if you know this, but AMERICAN IDOL STARTS NEXT WEEK!

(Yes, I am a TOTAL Idol nerd. I'm not ashamed. Carrie Underwood and David Cook totally owe their careers to me and my obsessive texting/voting)

Now, if you're not a fan of the show, you might not realize how much time that show can soak up. I mean, it's on like 3 nights a week, two hours each night. And since I currently only have time for about 20 minutes of television a day--if that--well, I need to finish up these edits so I can free up my schedule a bit.

So far I've done two chapters--which is actually quite a lot considering how messy they were--but I have like 10 more, so we'll see how far I get by Sunday. I doubt I'll finish, but by golly I'm going to get as close as I possibly can!

Which means I really shouldn't be blogging. (Oops) But I had to stop by and announce the last two winners of Follower Appreciation Week (yes--there's TWO! I figured I should doubly reward you guys for sitting through that horrible movie and then NOT making fun of me for it)

Okay, so without further ado, today's winners (according to are....

Comment #2
Left by the adorable: Marybeth Poppins
(who actually played fair this time and only left one comment. Heh.)

And Comment #19
Left by the awesome Robyn Campbell

*tosses a bucket of confetti*

So check your email guys. You have one in there from me begging for your mailing address. :)

And that--sadly--concludes Follower Appreciation Week.

But don't give up hope. Another contest starts Monday, and I must say, I'M even coveting this prize. The author provided a signed book for the giveaway--because she's AWESOME--and it's a book I don't even have a signed copy of. Plus I'm giving away her other two books along with it--including the new one that came out this week--so it's going to be pretty epic. (Can I enter my own contest? Is that wrong?)

Thanks again for all your wonderful comments and support this week! I really have read--and LOVED--each and every comment. Next week I'll be back to replying to comments, so please keep the comments coming. And I had so much fun with this, I will definitely be doing it again. Not sure when--maybe you'll have to wait till I become a grumpy pants again--but keep an eye out for it. You never know when I'll get hopped up on Pepsi and decide to do crazy things!

Oh and Frankie--I saw that comment yesterday, and no, I'm NOT getting less shy. But I am getting more evil. So remember that when you're daring me. I have two words for you: red wellies. :)

And now, I'll leave you with the wonder that is the American Idol Auditions! (which I *hope* I'll be watching next week) This is probably the worst song ever written, and it's about being brothers forever--what better way to end Follower Appreciation week!

(oh and notice the way Paula seems to be TOTALLY insane in the clip. That's me--after a few hours of editing. Be afraid people. Be very afraid.)




  1. dude. get off the blog and EDIT. Sheesh. I'm WAITING over here.

    ;-) JK heart you

  2. Good luck with your editing! And I'm an idol fanatic too, so I completely understand. I'm glad you have your priorities straight. ;)

  3. I love winning. (Mainly cuz it never happens.) And awe...I'm adorable? I'm blushing!

    Good luck on edit-a-thon.

    OMG I can't wait till American Idol!!!

  4. I'm another Idol fan - and I get to watch both the American & Canadian versions :) Can't wait for the season to begin!! Ellen shoud be a great addition!

    Have fun editing :)

  5. May there be edit successes, resulting in a bucket of confetti for you by weekend's end.

  6. I am a huge fan of American Idol so I'll glad to read that I'll get to chat about it with you via the blogosphere. :)

  7. NOT THE RED WELLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  8. LOL! American Idol is awesome! Good luck getting those revisions done!

  9. Revising can be a huge task. It can even take longer than writing the first draft, so don't feel bad for slow progress, as long as you're making steady progress.


  10. American Idol. Pah! I would ptooey on the floor if it weren't uncivilized. As it is, I shall simply roll my eyes ever so slightly, replace my monocle, and studiously ignore all future references to the show...

    (I totally watched the first season or two, I confess. I lost interest long ago, though. *shrugs*)

    Good luck with the edits! :)

  11. Can't wait for American Idol! I think Ellen is going to be awesome. Can't wait to watch the new season (although sometimes I do wait until the finalists are chosen. Too painful to watch all the really bad ones).

    Good luck on your edits!!!

  12. SHANNON *hugs* This is going to be SOOOOO fun!! Idol takes up unspeakable amounts of time, but it has added so much to my life. Emotionally, spiritually... *coughs* Okay, so it's not that deep, but I am so, so excited! And I remember "We're Brothers Forever." Sometimes I sing it, like, around the house. #iwishiwasjoking


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3