Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Another Landmark Reached!

Okay. It's one thirty in the morning and my eyes are blurry because I've been writing and editing pretty much since seven in the morning yesterday (I don't even want to THINK about how many hours that is) but I did it. I finished my major ending re-write (which was basically a last 1/3 of the book re-write) and finally typed the two words I hadn't let myself type all last year because they felt premature. The two little words that may be my favorite thing I've ever written.

The End.

I think that calls for some happy dancing, don't you?

So how about:

And of course, I HAVE to include the Dance of Joy again

Now, sadly this doesn't mean I'm ready to enter query wars. My draft is still too long and I'm sure there's more plot holes or things I need to clarify so I'm fully expecting at least one more round of edits (or maybe two. MAN I hope it's not two.)

But at least I feel like I've taken this story as far as I can currently take it, and I'm ready to send it to my intrepid CP's so they can rip it apart and let me know what I did wrong. So keep an eye out for it guys--it's heading your way in a few hours (once I proofread the ending in the morning. Not sure I trust my eyes anymore tonight)

And hopefully once I'm done fixing everything they catch I'll FINALLY be ready to query. So maybe another month--two at the latest. Which is both exciting and terrifying! Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Alright. I'm officially beat so I'm not even going to proofread this (apologies for any typos) and wish me luck guys because tomorrow (or wait, I think it's today. AHHHHH!!!!!) I tackle an even bigger beast: the dreaded synopsis.
*whimpers*

26 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you. I want to be able to write a post like this soon, and to do my own happy dance. Reading this, I feel inspired. A few more groups of 10k in words and I can be there, too... for now, I'll just happy-dance for you.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'm rounding the corner on all my edits as well and I'm getting nervous! I've made it through all your review notes with only ONE issue left. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    YAY for writing THE END!!!! So um...do I get to read the end????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! It feels great, doesn't it? I just sent out two more chapters to my group and am so nervous to hear their responses. It is so scary! I'm in the same place where you are actually. I've had to keep pushing my "ending" date back. But now, I'm think March, maybe April. But as you know, this could all change!
    Congrats though on typing The End!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about the synopsis. Just pretend you are explaining your book to a friend, but you only have a page or so to do it.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohooo!!!! Yay! Happy Dance! Throw the confetti! Woot! Can't wait to read it and do the same thing! Im 2 chapters away from writing The End and then Im going through one more revision and its Query Wars!!! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Congrats! Um love the Happy Dance... Monica looks so weird in that one! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work! I think John Green's happy dance would be a good addition to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOORAY!! Congratulations! *clink* That was our imaginary wine glasses as I "cheers"ed you. Well done, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo! Congrats, you're almost there!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Writing the end is fantastic... even though it isn't actually the end, it's an amazing accomplishment.

    As much as I love Friends, I forgot entirely about Perfect Strangers! Awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAAA-HOOOOOO! Now take your Roget (Simon) bag out and buy yourself a special treat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Enjoy this moment, and remember it for later, when you're sweating your revisions. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Congrats! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! THAT. IS. AWESOME. MAJOR, AWESOME, CONGRATS.

    Can you tell I'm excited for you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. yaaaaay! happy dance with you today :-) Can't wait for an e-mail update!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That's a serious chunk of time. But you did it and that does deserve a lot of celebrating! Like sleeping in really late today! Hehe! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YAY!!!! *Happy dance* Congrats!!! *cartwheels* I'm so excited for you! Do you know the perfect way to celebrate? IDOL. TONIGHT. (And not, you know, Star Wars cartoons. Check that TiVo.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! I'm working over my ending right now too. Well, not RIGHT now, RIGHT now I'm congratulating you. Good luck on that synopsis.

    You know, that's another way you can tell you might be a writer--if you know how to spell the word "synopsis."

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

    I knew you'd make it. Now YOU have all the right moves! :D Live it up. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, good lady! Well done. You'll be into the query wars before you know it. And for the synopsis? How about:

    "The characters in this book get up to all kinds of fun shenanigans, but it all turns out okay in the end."

    I guarantee you agents and editors haven't seen one like THAT before... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you guys SOOOOOOOOOO much for all the comments and support and for bearing with my lack of good blogging behavior. I promise I will be back to replying to comments and blog hopping through your wonderful posts as soon as this conference is over!

    You guys are the best!

    Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Woot! Congrats!!!! That's amazing and I'm very proud of you :) It's been so fun reading about your journey; just don't forget about us when you're all famous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Dancing up in Canada for you!! Tossing a little confetti too :) Such a great feeling! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3