And I've been struggling to figure out how to explain how happy it makes me, and the best I can come up with is the "Dance of Joy" from Perfect Strangers.
(For those of you who have NO idea what I'm talking about, here's the clip--and yes, this is one of those shows that doesn't really hold up, but trust me, when I was 10 it had me ROFLing--before ROFL was even a term!)
Well, that was...interesting.
Anyway, thank you Sara for the Best Blog Award:
and thank you Heather for the One Lovely Blog Award:
You guys have really made my week. And this time all I have to do is nominate some other bloggers to pass the awards along. I don't even have to tell any more embarrassing things about myself (now that really does deserve the dance of joy!) :)
Though, it's REALLY hard to choose who to give blog awards to, because frankly I want to give them to everyone, but I'm going to limit it to three each just in the interests of time (it does take quite a while to make these links and then notify everyone and well, I'm SUPPOSED to be revising right now).
So I'm going to give the Best Blog Award to:
1. Frankie Writes- I think you all know how much I love her blog at this point but I just can't stop rewarding her.
2. Lisa and Laura Write- Because their posts are hilarious and their Vlog was legendary and they don't even mind when I harass them with occasional emails.
3. See Sara Write- Because she manages to be funny and eloquent and include pictures of hot actors--a winning combination in my opinion.
And I'm going to give the One Lovely Blog Award to:
1. Rhiannon Hart- Because her posts and her comments are SUCH a joy to read
2. Southern Princess- Because she's my own personal cheerleader AND she writes amazing posts
3. RK Charron- Because she will track down every amazing contest on the internet, organize it and post a link on her blog and save me TONS of time.
Congratulations to everyone. I really could list 30 blogs for each award, if only I had the time.
And, you know, I have to say, it feels a little weird not having to list all kinds of personal, embarrassing things. So I tell you what. I will tell one more embarrassing story (if you want--I certainly don't HAVE to) and I'll even let you guys pick from one of the following:
1. How I was on a really bad game show when I was 18. And lost. And got yelled at by the producers for making a joke about my buzzer not working. And got hit on by a creepy audience guy and one of the camera guys.
2. How I went to the Academy Bake-off (as in the Academy of Motion Pictures--and no, it has nothing to do with baking) and ended up accidentally sitting in the area where all the VIPs and voting was going on and spent the whole time afraid they were going to kick me and my friend out, but we couldn't move because we would disturb the presentation. Not to mention that we had NO idea how important our Professor was until that day.
3. How the totally incompetent student film crew I was a part of almost burned down an Indian Casino and injured a pedestrian and got the Casino (and I believe USC) sued for a truckload of money.
Sadly, I'm not making any of this up.
If you want to hear one of those stories, vote for your favorite in the comments. And if not, no worries. I'll gladly save my humiliation for another day. :)