Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wordathon is On!

First of all, I have to say a huge, "Thank you!" and "Welcome!" to all my new followers. I can't believe I'm up to twenty already--you guys are awesome! Five more and I'll be giving away a book. (And there's still four chances left to win a print of one of my drawings. More info here.)

But enough about the contest--I think I've sufficiently pounded that point into the ground this week.

This weekend I've decided to participate in a Twitter Wordathon. For all you non Twitterphiles out there (and you really should think about joining--it's awesome), a wordathon is where a bunch of writers agree to keep track of how many words they write in a specific period of time (in this case, from 6 pm on Friday to 6 pm on Sunday).  There's no prize or winners, it's just a way to stay motivated, link up with other writers, and push yourself to be productive.  And since editing would severely curtail my word count, it's a good way for me to stick to my no editing oath. If you're interested in joining I don't think it's too late. You can find more information here. And if you want to check in on everyone's progress, just search Twitter for the hash tag: #wordathon (though I think #amwriting works too).

Anyway, I started on Friday at 6:00 with a word count of 86274 (I know...my draft is running really long. I'll deal with it later...) and last night I added another 1480 to that--and that was after I killed about 900 words by removing two scenes (It wasn't editing...they belonged to a subplot I dropped a few weeks ago and apparently forgot to remove). So today I'm diving in at 87754. Let's see how many I can get done today...

I'll update you guys on my progress (or maybe I'll see you on Twitter: @packratx). Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3