Wow! Thank you so much Melane at Chasing The Dream for giving me my very first blog award.
"I'd like to thank the Academy..."
Er--wait--that's the wrong speech, isn't it?
Anyway, thank you so much for the compliment. You really made my day.
And now: The Rules
1. Copy the Kreativ Blogger picture and post it on your page
2. Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to their blog
3. Write seven things about you that we don't know
4. Choose seven other bloggers that you would like to give the award to
5. Link to the bloggers that you choose
6. Let the winners know that they have the lovely award.
Okay, so the first two are done. Here's number three...
Seven Things You Don't Know About Me
(Are you excited?)
1) When I was 18 I was on a Game Show--and lost (and no, I won't tell you the name of it. One of the other contestants has posted the video on YouTube and there's no way I'm letting you track that down.)
2) I'm extremely claustrophobic. Like--really, really bad. I had a pretty good panic attack on the metro in Rome--crying, shoving, yelling--the works. I don't do small spaces...
3) I went to USC Film School. (Wait, you probably know that.) What you don't know is that I was rejected by UCLA. Good thing I didn't want to go there anyway! *blows raspberry*
4) The first screenplay I ever wrote was about a Boy Band. Really (C'mon, I was sixteen--what do you expect?) Incidentally, my boy band's name was Mach 5. Awesome.
5) Sheesh, I'm not done yet? Okay...I hate Star Wars. (Yikes, I can hear you gasping from here.) I hadn't even seen it until six years ago when my boyfriend (now my husband) insisted that I watch what he calls "The Defining Movie Of His Life." And...I hated it. It's amazing he still married me. For more information on this, see a very old post I wrote here.
6) I went through the mother of all awkward phases in middle school. We're talking short, chubby, mousy brown hair, zits, braces--yeah...I wasn't cute. Then between Freshman and Sophomore year I hit a growth spurt, thinned down, dyed my hair, got better clothes, started wearing make-up and came back to school and no one recognized me. (Maybe someday I'll post my Freshman and Sophomore pictures as proof--but not today.)
7) And...(finally) I once shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
Okay, Okay--That's not true
7) (for realz) I was almost--accidentally--in a soft core adult film. It's a really long story--and not nearly as bad as it sounds--and a handful of you already know it (it's one of my very early blog posts from back when I had like 5 followers. If you want to know the details you can find them here.)
Phew...that was exhausting.
Okay, now the fun part. I will pass this award on to the following, amazing blogs:
(And this was really tough. I wanted to give it to everyone!)
Frankie Writes - because she cracks me up when she talks to inanimate objects
The Secret Adventures of Writer Girl - because, c'mon, she's a Super Hero.
Southern Princess - because we both went to Project Book Babe and somehow didn't meet
The Curly Q - because her comments crack me up
Word's Etc - because I always look forward to her posts
Heather Dearly - because she likes Robin Brande as much as I do
Beth Revis - because her blog makes me totally jealous
And...done. Wow, who knew winning an award was so much work?
But thank you again very much and congratulations to all the winners. I can't wait to learn seven things about all of you!