Sunday, September 6, 2009

Twitterpated case you can't already tell...I'm totally and completely addicted to Twitter. I'll admit, when I first heard about it I rolled my eyes and thought, "Now why would anyone want to do that?" But I was a fool--a fool I tell you!

It is seriously one of the greatest discoveries of my life (oh all right, of the last few months, at least). Who knew how many cool people were tweeters? All my favorite bands, tons of cool celebrities, most of my favorite writers--I can follow them all. I've found out about concert ticket presales and book signings. I even won a signed cover flat from one of my favorite authors in a twitter contest--how awesome is that? Plus it's a good way to keep in touch with my friends (or the cool ones who have twitter accounts at least...hint hint). With how crazy my schedule is right now I don't have a lot of time for phone calls or emails. But I can drop a quick tweet and if you're following me you'll know what I'm doing. It's kind of like free text messaging, only so much better.

Now, I know for all you non twitterphiles it all sounds silly and confusing. (I've seen your weird stares when I start talking about tweets and mentions and DM's and Re-Tweets.) But it's actually really easy once you play around with it a little and it's so much fun. Be careful though--it's insanely addictive. I've gotten a couple people started and they're almost as obsessed as I am now (you know who you are). So don't start unless you don't mind having an insatiable need to check your twitter page multiple times a day. And if you decide to join the dark side and create an account, be sure to follow me so I can follow you. I'm @packratx (that will make a lot more sense once you've created your account) and I tweet all the time.

Anyway, that's it for now. It's late and it's been a tough week so this is my first short blog entry (don't get used to it, I'll be back to my rambling self tomorrow).

Hope to see you in the Twitterverse!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree, I'm totally hooked on twitter as well. It's so simple and completely brilliant. Now if only more people would join us on here.....


Yay-I love comments! Thank you so much! (But please remember to keep your comments spoiler-free. Also, I try to keep this a happy, positive place. Friendly debate is fine, but always be kind to each other). <3