So as a quick reminder, again--I'll do my best to keep up with MMGM over the next few weeks, but it's always tricky when I'm traveling (sometimes internet is spotty--or my itinerary is so crammed I don't have a moment to breathe, much less assemble links). So bear with me if it's a little bumpy around here. (And once again, if you haven't checked my events page to see if I'm coming to see you, go HERE)
Also, this is the final week to take advantage of the LODESTAR Pre-Order giveaway so make sure you don't miss your chance. For details, and the form you'll need to fill out in order to get your swag, go HERE.
And now, on to MMGM!
- Middle Grade Minded joins the MMGM fun with a review of DRAGON OF THE MONTH CLUB. Click HERE to welcome them to the group.
- Jess at the Reading Nook is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--JOURNEY'S END. Click HERE for details.
- Tara Creel has a review--with an interview--of IF THE MAGIC FITS. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Sue Kooky is whispering about THE WHISPERING SKULL. Click HERE to check it out.
- Justin Talks Books is voting for THE KID WHO RAN FOR PRESIDENT. Click HERE to read his feature.
- Patricia at Children's Books Heal is singing praises for THE MASK THAT SANG. Click HERE to see why.
- Bookish Ambition is rooting for DISAPPEARING ACT. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Michael Gettel-Gilmartin is featuring NBA Star Amar'e Stoudamire's STAT series. Click HERE to see what he has to say.
- Suzanne Warr is spotlighting INVISIBLE INKLING. Click HERE to see why.
- Got my Book has an audiobook review of THE CITY OF EMBER. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Completely Full Bookshelf is recommending WHEN THE SEA TURNED TO SILVER. Click HERE to see why.
- The B.O.B. has an epic list of Greek Mythology books. Click HERE to see what they are.
- Greg Pattridge is rooting for THE BEST MAN. Click HERE to read his review.
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--EDNA IN THE DESERT. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Heidi Grange is taken with TOOK. Click HERE to see why.
- Jenni Enzor is championing THE TURN OF THE TIDE. Click HERE to see what she thought.
- Sally's Bookshelf is sharing SCAR: A Revolutionary War Tale. Click HERE for her feature.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!